Monday, August 9The CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 8 Drawing.
It's go time, kids!
After extensive laboring, uploading e-mail addresses and building one of those spinny-wheels with the Bingo balls in them, I have come up with the 19 pairings for the CDP Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade 8. Everyone who signed up has someone that they will create a Mix-Tape for, and in tune, they have someone who will make one for them.
The pairings are as follows. The drawing was random; a friend picked a number, and I eliminated the names, 'MASH'-style. I don't think kids still play 'MASH,' but that's neither here nor there:
1. THE CDP will be creating a Mix for SHERRY.
2. BENJAMIN will be creating a Mix for REESE.
3. BUBBA GREENACRES will be creating a Mix for EMILY MILLS.
4. SMEDLEY will be creating a Mix for TJ.
5. MIKE HOSS will be creating a Mix for HEATHER.
6. MIKE I. will be creating a Mix for CAITLIN.
7. WALLROCK will be creating a Mix for HILBELINK.
8. MIKE GREEKLISH will be creating a Mix for CELIA.
9. ERIC COBB will be creating a Mix for CARGIRL.
10. CELIA will be creating a Mix for KENNY.
11. SHERRY will be creating a Mix for MIKE I.
12. REESE will be creating a Mix for BUBBA GREENACRES.
13. EMILY MILLS will be creating a Mix for WALLROCK.
14. HILBELINK will be creating a Mix for ERIC COBB.
15. CARGIRL will be creating a Mix for MIKE GREEKLISH.
16. HEATHER will be creating a Mix for MIKE HOSS.
17. TJ will be creating a Mix for THE CDP.
18. CAITLIN will be creating a Mix for SMEDLEY.
19. KENNY will be creating a Mix for BENJAMIN.
Wonderful. Here's what we all do next:
1. I will be sending e-mails out to everyone today (give me until later this evening), reminding them who's creating a Mix-Tape for whom, and what that person's e-mail address is. For example, your e-mail from me will look a lot like this:
"Ben, Ryan is making a Mix-Tape for you. His e-mail address is email@example.com. Please contact him and give him your mailing address."
2. It will then be up to the future recipient of the Mix-Tape to contact the creator and give them their physical mailing address. For example:
"Ryan, it's Ben. I'm looking forward to your mix-tape; my address is blah-bloo-blee."
3. One you get the mailing address of the person you're sending a Mix-Tape to, MAKE IT AND SEND IT! Be creative; I've seen amazing artwork, brilliant track selections and overall awesome efforts by everyone every time, so I'm expecting nothing less this time around, as well. Remember that the theme of the Trade is 'Three Little Words,' so create your theme and get to work!
Everyone has a buddy; it would really suck if someone gets left out because you suddenly decided to go deadbeat on them. The deadline is to have ALL MIX-TAPES MAILED OUT BY MONDAY, AUGUST 23. Now that you know who you're making a Mix for, you should have plenty of time to whip it up and get it mailed out within two full weeks. If someone gets left out, I'll feel personally responsible, so please don't make an ass out of me, or I'll publicly ostracize you here on the CDP. I've seen too many people create wonderful pieces of art and get nothing in return, so...don't do that, please.
4. If you're having a problem contacting anyone, an e-mail address is dead or anything else goes wrong, feel free to contact me immediately and I'll sort it out. I'm pretty neat like that. Remember though that people are busy, so give them a day or two to answer you back, but let me know if it's taking a ludicrous amount of time.
Of course, once you receive your Mix-Tape, sound off in the comments section so we all know the status of everyone's packages. Half the fun is sharing the experience with everyone involved.
5. I always mention this (and I'll mention it again in your e-mail), but if you're looking for an easy way to thank me for inventing something as uniting and awesome as the Worldwide Mix-Tape Trade, I would love a copy of your mix. My mailing address is as follows:
PO Box 865
Sun Prairie, WI
Like I said when we announced the Trade, any mixes that make it to Headquarters by August 23 will be entered into a contest to win a FREE COPY OF MY NEXT BOOK. Simple as that! Send one my way!
You should be receiving your instructional e-mails by the end of the day today (Monday). So get out there, create a rad Mix-Tape and send it off to your partner before Monday, August 23!