Friday, February 13

Happy
Friday the 13th to everyone today. I'm spending my day entirely indoors, cleaning the house and preparing for a trip back home to Winnebago County. We're headed back due to a wedding shower for Celia's friend. I am not invited, and it's just as well. I'm neither a woman nor a bride (although I've offered several times to show up and dance for them). My plans for the weekend include playing Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble with my family, and various other time-wasting activities. Nothing deep enough to leave a permanent mark.

While I type, my bride-to-be slaves away at the Department Of Revenue, taking countless calls from disgruntled taxpayers (we're getting married in June). I'm in the process of becoming a member of the working race again, now that I'm all graduated from MMI. A degree in music and audio production is worthless in Madison, where all they'll ever need are trained monkeys who can type 40 words per minute to constantly process data. Soon, I will become one of those monkeys, complete with insurance benefits.

I can't wait.

Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home